Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Home Sweet Home


Mesa, Arizona for the next three months is where I will call home.  From a two week impression, it seems to be a very large suburb of Phoenix with a large population of elderly people who do not seem to have had a presence of cyclists in their generation. Beautiful riding consisting of small highways that lead out to non travelled roads in the mountains surrounding the city. After one week I found that Phoenix itself has very friendly people that are willing to welcome you to their city. With that in mind, I have also found that pride for their city is also important here. New to Phoenix? They can tell..and they will remind you of that. We will see if they can still tell by the team says adios!
For those of you who asked for pictures of the new place here it is. I caught these guys in the morning with the camera so the beds are not made, but I am proud of these guys for working to keep the place clean and livable.

Roommate #1. Willy Zellmer. A driven individual that I spent a good amount of good times with last year. Im sure I will be telling a good amount of stories about him in the future.

The master bedroom. aka Willy and I's room. (there is also a master bath)

Roommate #2. Mac Cassin. I cool new addition to the team from CU Boulder. Someone who knows quite a lot about sports nutrition and will be a strong addition to the squad for 2013

Roommate #3. Cameron Rex. aka the youngster. a quirky dude but none the less a strong solo rider who adds plenty to the house.

The balcony. o and there is a heated pool right around the corner there. tho its been in the 70's lately. 

Thank you so much to Team Gateway Harley-Davidson/Trek and all of our sponsors for making this possible for me. Living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment