Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Diesel Count Up ($)


The Diesel Count Up ($)

Warranty.
Through working in the bike industry for years as a rider, rep, and mechanic, I’ve had to deal with my far share of warranty issues.  The definition is as follows..
A written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary”
If a buyer invests in a company they expect the product to be worth the investment and for that company to back up their word through dark and thin. I have dealt with both good and bad companies recently, Ill give you examples of both.

Example 1: Good.



Kinetic Trainer Systems. I purchased this fluid trainer 5 years ago through the shop I was working at and have no joke put likely 10,000 miles on it throughout the winter seasons of Indiana. The day before Christmas this year I apparently wore through the fluid and it froze on me. I filed a claim and received this brand new unit without question before new years eve. This is a company that I will forever stick with and will now swear by, I fully recommend Kurt Kinetic to any rider that needs a good warm up machine and or something to spend some hours on when it is just too much outside.

Example 2: Bad.

From the moment I brought the team van in they had promised me that the van would be under warranty. They later told me to come over and take a look at what they had found (after I called them, since I hadn’t heard from them in two days). I made the walk over to be brought into the shop and handed a water bottle of what looked like milk. This they told me that is what they had drained from our diesel fluid system, this was not only a very sever problem for it damaged the system (since it smelled of paint thinner) but it also allowed them to void the warranty. Luckily I still had the gallon container of fluid that I had put into the diesel system about 1000 miles back, and the mechanic was able to affirm that it was the right stuff and that we had done nothing wrong…and yet it was still our problem so GM didn’t have to pay for it.
After 4 days at hotel, being promised warranty, a rental car, as well as a likely hood of having our food paid for….and then have all of those promised flipped…Chevy/GM. Not okay. Fix this.

We nonetheless needed to make it to our destination and had the van fixed (we will be following up through the higher ups at GM about this fiasco). So one week after I left Indianapolis I arrived at our absolutely beautiful apartment in Phoenix, AZ.

In every industry there is a set standard for the company to take care of their customers. This trip has made me so happy that all of my great and caring sponsors abide by this standard. They know that is everything in this world to go through life with guidelines, moralities, and standards to take care of their people. Word is everything.

BTW. This is the sweeet van.



No comments:

Post a Comment