Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Beginning

The highest elevation in the state of Indiana is at 1,257 feet, the highest elevation in Arizona is at 12,637 feet.
Everyone in this world at some point in their life takes on their dream, the goal of course to succeed and do everything you ever wanted to do. On Saturday January 5, 2013 I will be attempting to just that with mine. I will be making the long trek first out to the team hub in St. Louis, then to pick up a teammate in Kansas City, and then all the way to the team house in Phoenix Arizona. A 26 hour drive.
For the last two years I have been racing against pro cyclists all over the country, but only till last year when great support allowed me to venture out west, and race in the real mountains in races such as Cascades Classic and Mt. Hood, was I able to see what it would really take for me to make a career out of Cycling. I new right away that I would need to take the plunge, move to altitude, and devote my heart and mind to a final go at making this happen.
Climbing has always been something that I have loved, the thrill of every pedal stroke pushing you higher and higher, every breath slow and steady, your eyes searching for the beautiful summit and the view that inevitably extends outward.
For me Im not shooting to be on top of the cycling world, Im just shooting to be the first to 12,637 feet.

My name is Isaiah Newkirk, and this is my adventure, my attempt at making professional cycling my career. I cant promise that it will be exciting, or that my grammar and spelling will be perfect, but for those of you who read...let me know what you think. And thank you for your support, in whatever shape or form.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Isaiah! You've come a long way since that first deCycles trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna kill it! Both rides we did this fall/winter you were a lean machine. Keep the updates coming and good luck!

    -Graham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Isaiah! Keep us posted! Maybe I'll see you at Cascade or Mt. Hood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first entry, Isaiah!!! G=Best of luck and I am looking forward to following your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete